I keep forgetting to the promoted links app in SharePoint 2013 is not added by default.
In SharePoint 2013 each team site by default comes with a new feature named Promoted Links list pre-loaded with links to commonly performed actions. These links are displayed as Tiles in the home page.
However, in Publishing Portal template you won’t find it unless you activate a feature named “Team Collaboration Lists”.
To enable the “Promoted Links” list, please follow the below steps:
- In your Publishing Portal site, click on Settings icon.
- Under site actions category, click on Site Features.
- Look for Team Collaboration Lists feature and active it by clicking on Activate button.
- Click on Settings icon and then press on Add an App button.
- Search for Promoted Links and add this app to your site in order to create your own list.